Chassis # 7226
- Originally sold to Doug Champlin and Fred Carillo of ChampCar Inc. Car was not ready for 73 Indy 500 and was sold to Norris Industries Team for driver Sam Posey. Car was disqualified for a rules violation in 1973 Indy 500.
- Chassis 7226 was then passed along to Team Allen Food (Alex Morales) for driver Jim Caruthers. In 1975 Caruthers qualified chassis 7226 in 10th position for Indy 500 and finished 14th. He went on to campaign the car in several events throughout the 75 season.
- After being used for a sponsor show car for several years the car was sold to Berry Green who commissioned the installation of the Smokey turbo V8.
- In the early 2000's the car was restored and fitted with a Smokey Yunick engine and rear end acquired from Smokey Yunick's 1973 Chevrolet turbo engine project. The engines were provided to Smokey Yunick by GM Research through Vince Piggens.
- 208 cu in Small Block Chevy - Twin Turbo 8 Cylinder
- Bore 3 7/8 inches / Stroke 2.2
- Dry Sump
Weismann 4 speed transaxle. Side Loader varient.
Hurst Airheart 4 Piston Calipers, Front & Rear.
The above information is accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Call or email for more information on this beautiful Eagle. email@example.com or 314-602-3140