1974 Eagle (Dan Gurney's All American Racers) Chassis 74 -06
- Originally purchased from Dan Gurney's All American Racers by Vel's Parnelli Racing for 4 time Indianapolis 500 winner, Al Unser. The car was campaigned by Al until the addition of Mario Andretti to the VPJ racing team. Mario was supposed to race the new VPJ chassis but, was unable to get the car up to speed at Indy. Team owner Vels Parnelli then decided to move Mario to Eagle chassis for the 74 season.
- In its 1974 Indianapolis 500 appearance Mario Andretti qualified the car in 5th position with an average speed of 186.027 MPH. Unfortunately Mario lost a valve on the Offenhauser engine and finished 31st. He continued to run the car through the 1974 season.
- Highlights include a 3rd place finish in 1974 USAC National Championship Phoenix 150 in Phoenix, AZ.
- Pristine cosmetic and mechanical condition.
- Restored to its original 1974 specification and livery.
36 Degree Turbo charged Offenhauser 2.65 Ltr. Approximately 750 HP
Hewland LG500 MK2 (4 Speed) with limited slip differential
Price: Upon Request
The above information is accurate to the best of our knowledge
Please call or email us for more information. Jeff Downes 314-602-3140 or email@example.com